"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Friday, July 10, 2009

What is up with this cross?

This is a cross between an Arabian and and registered Tennessee Walker. He has a gentle nature and is ready for training. Has had saddle on him but no one has ridden him yet. I am selling him to make room for the new colt born June 1, 2007, which is a registered Tennessee Walker. I am not sure of height. He has turned out to be a very pretty horse. Samson had the fluvac Innovator 5, shot last year. Horse is located near Troy, NC. He was made into a gelding on May 30, 2007 and is doing fine.


I will never understand why people cross gaited horses with non-gaited horses. It does not have a good outcome. I can honestly say that I have never once seen an impressive gaited/non-gaited cross. So why is this an Arab/ Walker cross? Who knows!

I found this ad really amusing. She's getting rid of one fugly to make room for the next one! At least her new one is purebred. This homely critter can be yours for a whoppin' $850. Frankly, I don't think this horse is worth half that, but who knows what kind of newbies will come along and think he's amazing? You never know.

And the phrase "made into a gelding"? Priceless. I lol'd at that one.

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say, that I do agree that most gaited crosses turn out horrible; however, I think that TWH's and appaloosa's make wonderful crosses, if both are correct in the first place. I owned a walker/ appy cross, and although he was well over 35 when I got him, he was a handsome horse, with a good mind and he was very docile.

    I'm all for purebreds, but one day I will own another Walker/ appy cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great if the breeders are reputable and the sire and dam are breeding quality. I have seen more ugly Appy/Walker crosses than nice ones, and I think that's due to the fact that that particular cross is a favorite of BYB's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made into a gelding, just like that, poof. Tada now you see them(you know what) and now you don't. That phrase was priceless xD

    ReplyDelete