"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm sure most of you have heard about this...

Click.

The teenage girl and her mother who are trying to get rid of their dying horse. This situation makes me so angry that I can barely type. I understand that the girl is young and probably doesn't have the emotional maturity to look at her situation with a clear mind. But her mother needs to step up to the plate and teach her the meaning of responsibility. Of course, that probably won't happen.

What really irks me is that the girl is whining and crying like a spoiled little toddler. A 14 year old should know better than that. If you scroll down the page you'll see that she says putting the horse down would be too painful for her.

Here are my two cents.

She claims she loves this horse, and I say bullshit. Putting an animal down is never easy. But it comes with the territory. You have to deal with it. Furthermore, your own emotions should never cloud your judgment when considering having an animal euthed. Your feelings mean nothing and it doesn't matter one damn bit what YOU want. You have to put your emotions aside and think about what's best for your animal. How DARE you say that you love this horse so much, but in the same breath you say you can't bear to give him a quick and painless death because it's just too painful for you. That is not love. There's a word for what you're feeling. It's called selfishness.

She has some nerve complaining about her feelings being hurt when her horse is terminally ill. She's not the one that's dying. Where the hell does she get off crying because her wittle feewings were hurt? What a spoiled little brat.

I don't buy it when she says they can't afford this horse. She shows in Hunter/Jumpers for crying out loud. Either give him a retirement or put him to sleep. The money you would have spent showing this season could easily pay for that.

It makes me want to gag, the way she tried to guilt trip everybody with her "woe is me" bullshit. This isn't about her, it's about her horse. But she's making it about her. Someone needs to bitchslap her idiot mother into next week for allowing this to happen. All I can say is that I hope this mess ends well and someone knocks some sense into those two. The girl has to have a trainer or some other peers who can talk her into doing the right thing. I would hope. I know she's been getting her ass chewed on the internet. And I'm glad, because someone needs to wake her up because her mother obviously isn't teaching her any better.

*sigh*

Excuse me while I go cool off.

No comments:

Post a Comment