"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I hate people sometimes. *rant*

Our new neighbors are pretty nice for the most part, or at least I thought so until about three weeks ago. The wife came by and asked us if her cat could come live in our barn, because apparently she's pregnant and they don't want her anymore.

Why is the cat not spayed? WHO KNOWS!

And why were they letting their UNSPAYED cat outside? I haven't the faintest notion.

These people have money. They own several houses and have their own mechanic business. I could understand if they were really pinched for cash, but they're far from it. I guess it's just too much to ask for them to stick a crowbar in their wallet and cough up the money to spay their cat.

And here's the best part: if we don't take her, the wife is going to take her out back and dump her in the shed. So she can just raise feral kittens who will grow up and mutliply into hundreds more feral kittens that will likely either be killed by coyotes or picked up by animal control and put to sleep.

I'm not made of money and the last thing I need is another cat and God knows how many kittens to feed, spay, and vaccinate. I already have a stray tomcat that I need to catch and have neutered (I'd be willing to bet that he's the father of the kittens). But I can't stand the idea of their cat and kittens being thrown out and allowed to reproduce like bunnies.

I haven't heard anything from them for a while so I'm not sure what's going on. I guess I'll find out if I go out to the barn one of these days and find an extra cat in the loft.

It's a shame because these people are really nice, but this cat thing just pushed me the wrong way.

1 comment:

  1. "but this cat thing just pushed me the wrong way."

    And I can understand why!!

    ReplyDelete