"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Friday, May 8, 2009

Ever wonder why English riders get a reputation for being narcissistic snobs?

This is why.

This girl's riding isn't the issue at all. She's actually a very good rider. It's her attitude that makes me angry. Take a gander at the title and description. The arrogance.

Anyone who thinks English riders are cocky have probably only met people like her (although she does do western as well). I've met many accomplished and admirable riders, and not one of them has ever referred to him or her self as an "amazing rider", or even talked themselves up in any way. In fact, many of them just shrug and smile when people compliment them. Apparently no one ever told that girl that modesty is an attractive trait. lol I left her a nice comment and I'm curious to see if she replies.

I also noticed that she gives very little recognition to her horses. Another difference between her and other riders. If you look at Beezie Madden or any other well-known equestrian, they rave about their horses like proud parents. And isn't that the way it should be? I love how this chick is soaking up all the praise for herself.

People like her make all of us look like haughty stiff necks.

No comments:

Post a Comment