"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

HOLY SH** BATMAN.

This poor filly.

Those are the worst legs I've seen in a long, long time. Can we say camped out? (She's also over at the knee and has a straight shoulder, but who notices that next to those hind legs?) This is ridiculous. How does she move?

I've never seen a horse camped out this bad before. She looks rather uncomfortable. No one is going to pay $1,800 for this conformational train wreck. She's advertised as an English/western performance prospect, which makes me question the seller's mental state. This filly will never be an athlete. It's going to be nearly impossible for her to collect herself, and she'll certainly never do well in the show ring. I don't even think she'll make that great of a riding horse. And she's more susceptible to joint and lameness issues, which just adds to the long list of things that are stacked against her.

I see where she got that straight shoulder. Momma doesn't look so great, either. From what little you can see of the dam, there's nothing about her that I would want to replicate.

Their stallion has no business being a stallion. He's not bad, but he's not special, either. Not exactly breeding material. He would make a nice gelding. We wouldn't be missing out on anything by not spreading his gene pool. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment