"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Friday, May 8, 2009

My cat just brought a live sparrow into the house.

I thought it was just a toy... but then I saw the feathers. O.O

I thought it was dead at first, because it was just laying there when she set it down. Then it made a little cheeping noise and I was like, OMG! So I grabbed Annabel and put her in the bathroom, then caught the sparrow, who had flown into the windowsill. The poor little guy was scared out of his mind. :( He was just limp while I was making sure his wings and legs weren't broken. There was no blood, either. I took him outside and put him in a tree, and he flew off right when I let him go. So I think he'll be fine.

That reminds me of when I rescued a frog at the barn last summer. He was in one of the horse shelters and he was all dried out and had a bloody eye. And he was about to be stepped on. D:
So I caught him and ran through the barn like, "I've got a frog and he needs water!" (I got some weird stares from that one). I put him in the creek and then he was a happy frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment