"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Sunday, February 8, 2009

I've seen a lot of bad necks but this one takes the prize.


This is a 2-year-old colt.

Look at that neck. The only other time I've seen a dip that bad is in a 30+ year old Arab mare at my barn. This guy's only two. It says he's been shown at fairs. What kind of fair? I'd like to know. This colt is a train wreck.

And his name is Mater.

You can't scream hillbilly any clearer than that.

I've been looking for a seasoned, kid-safe Appaloosa for a friend of mine. I can't find any that are trained for jumping, and very few even schooled in English at all. Figures. They're a western-type horse.

But Quarter horses are too, and you see them in English disciplines all the time.

Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment