"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Friday, February 13, 2009

Ugh. Tomorrow.

Valentine's Day. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate it? Well, I hate it. It's a Hallmark holiday invented by the cards companies. It's pointless.

And I have to go to a funeral tomorrow. That'll be fun. On Valentine's Day.
Who has a funeral on Valentine's Day? Not that it makes that much of a difference to me, but jeez.

Anyway, I went to the flower store today to pick some up for somebody else, and the place was packed. People really get into this nonsense. You shouldn't need a special "holiday" to give someone chocolate or roses. I used to get stupid little novelty things like Valentine's Day pencils, stamps, knickknacks, and basically junk. You can only use those things near Valentine's Day. Pink and white "Be Mine" pencils look stupid in June. I know my mom means well, but the crap just piles up in my room until I throw it out. I do enjoy dark chocolate, though. But I eat it all the time. I don't care if it's shaped like cute little hearts. I'll eat it. The novelty crap just annoys me.

Another thing I can't stand. In school, they always have sales where you can send a flower or candy or whatever to friends with a kyoot little message attached. They dish out all the goodies during class and you always have the handful of kids who never get anything. (Me being one of those people.) In front of everybody else who are getting 15 flowers each. Go ahead, make your unpopularity blatantly obvious to the rest of the world, why don't you? Way to make people feel left out.

Not that that made me feel bad, per se. It just irritated me.

It's not that I don't have friends. I do, but we just don't get into stuff like that. I never send flowers, and I never receive them. I guess what bothers me the most is the fact that there are kids with no friends who really feel left out. There's lots of them every year. I feel bad for them.

I love Halloween, though. My favorite night of the whole year. I would have an aneurysm if I missed out on Halloween. The costumes, the slew of horror films, the decorations, I love it all. And the candy. I lurve Snickers and Hershey bars with almonds. I steel them from the cauldron every year. >;D Hee hee... I can't wait till next time.

... Happy Singles Awareness Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment