"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm going craazzyy...

First day of February! One day closer to spring!

But still, 2 more months of crappy weather. Emphasis on crappy. In the Midwest, the weather is pretty weird. Today it's supposed to be 46 degrees, when only two days ago it was in the low 20's. I think it's supposed to cool down again in a couple days.

But all the snow is melting now. And we had lots of snow. Which means the paddocks are going to be a mucky mess. Man... they better not roll. I do not want to be scraping mud off my horses in 30 degree weather. And it's too cold to bathe them. I hate this time of year.

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel! Spring is coming. And then summer! Hooray!

But that means the show season is coming closer, too. I'm terrified. My biggest fear is that Victor might decide to be stupid that day and totally make an ass of himself. And embarrass me. And then we'd go home ribbonless and I would not be happy. Just one ribbon. That's all I want from my first show. I don't care what color (although first place would be amazing) but I'm petrified of losing or messing up. Please be a good boy, Victor.

It's scary because I have the most knuckle-headed horse in the barn (besides Tess, of course). Vic is either totally on or totally off. There's no in-between. Some days he's perfect, other days he's horrendous. Yesterday was a textbook example of one of his bad days. The snow was melting outside and falling off the roof of the indoor, and Vic spooked every single time. The other two horses spooked once and then got used to it. Not Victor. And then he bucked a few times and refused to do anything I asked him to. He wouldn't even trot without trying to bolt or buck.

He calmed down during the last fifteen minutes and we could do some simple stuff, but overall, it was pretty unproductive. He needs to get out and run so bad. The only place he can exercise is the indoor arena because the paddocks are all icy and muddy. He's so pent up right now I don't even want to get on him unless I have to.

On the other hand, I rode Norman yesterday, too. He behaved beautifully, as usual. He's always my good boy. I love his trot, too. It's so lofty and smooth. :) Unlike Vic who has a horrible sitting trot. Well, more so now because I haven't been working him. When he's conditioned, his gaits are pretty decent. It's just this damn winter.

I hate the cold. And the snow, ice, slush, mud, wind, and cloudiness. I'm moving to the Bahamas. I'll deal with the hurricanes and storms. If it's warm, I'm game.

Aaaagghhh I can't wait to clip them! I miss the shiny coats and grass pastures and the outdoor arena and trail rides. D;

I'm losing my marbles being stuck in the barn. I'm sure the horses are, too.

Summersummersummersummersummersummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment