"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Arabians: What's the big attraction?

Honestly. Everybody loves Arabs. Why??? They're pretty enough, but they're hot-blooded airheads. They're crazy.

There's this mare at my barn named Contessa. She's good looking, but she has a screw loose or something (isn't that a characteristic for the breed?) She spooks at everything. She makes Vic look bombproof (and that's saying something). I was leading her in from the pasture a few weeks ago and she totally flipped out over some imaginary boogie man, scraping her foot against my ankle in the process. The TB mare I was leading on my other side was perfectly chilled out. Go figure.

I can't believe it didn't leave a mark. It hurt like hell. She's doesn't get ridden a whole lot. No one wants to get on her. LOL. She can't even canter without bucking like a maniac. That mare needs to go. If nothing else, she looks like she'd make a decent broodmare. Dainty face, clean legs, short back, nice suspension in the trot. She has the disposition of a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, but again: Arabian.

I will never own one. I likes me some big 'ol warmbloods. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment