"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I found another one!


Is this not a knock-out gorgeous face? He's a Friesian/Morgan, and he is stunning. God, he's got a gorgeous face. He's going for $9500. I hope his future owner pampers him like a king!

What I wouldn't give for a horse like this. Not that I don't adore my own two beautiful boys. I wouldn't trade them for anything. But someday, I'm going to have a horse like this. Schooled under dressage and jumping, with the level of skill to match my aspirations. ;D My Victor has a long way to go before he's ready for serious jumping competitions. But I love him to pieces no matter what, and I wouldn't criticize a thing about him.

Anyway, this guy up top is a beautiful example of a good Friesian x. I think Morgans are one of the best breeds to cross them with. (Again, you always have to be extremely careful and being picky pays off!) Please, if you want a Friesian x, study up and know what you're doing. It will pay off. Make sure the foal is likely to inherit the good traits of both breeds, and not the bad. I'm not a huge advocate of cross breeding, but if you really really want a mix, do your homework and be selective! Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment