"Now I say that with cruelty and oppression it is everybody's business to interfere when they see it."

~Anna Sewell

Friday, January 16, 2009

Kudos to Mr. Foxworthy

I was in Barnes & Noble a while back and I couldn't help but notice this chick wearing a mini skirt. Nothing unusual about that, save for the fact that this broad was ginormous. I'm not trying to be mean, but good grief. She wasn't that tall and had to have been at least 200 lbs.

My first thought: Someone needs to pay a visit to Jenny Craig. My second thought was why in the world was she wearing a mini skirt??? Seriously. For modesty's sake, cover up.

And thirdly, why would they make clothes like that in that size? To quote Jeff Foxworthy, Certain things should not be made in certain sizes.

Who isn't sick of seeing skirts that are 3x's as wide as they are long?


What IS that? It's a very mild example, but you get my drift. If your stomach blocks your view of your feet, please don't wear a skirt like this. Long skirts are your friend. Just please make sure the article of clothing goes below your ass cheeks, especially when you sit down or bend over. (Gee, a lot of girls I know could follow this advice for their school uniforms. It's a Christian school for god's sake. Cover up!)

I have a couple mini skirts. Granted, I'm not as wide as I am tall and I wear jeans or leggings under them. A lot of you could do the same.


You can still look fine and not be flashing everybody under the sun. Excess skin does not equal sex appeal. Especially if you don't have the figure for it. Dressing up like a cheap downtown harlot is not becoming on anyone. Okay? Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment